Thursday 14 February 2008

Valentine's Day 2008

My daughter has recently left home for university, and I found it very hard to adjust to not seeing her every day. I have now been married for nearly 28 years (I married young!), but I'm realizing that, as time goes by, I can now concentrate on myself and our relationship. It's great! It's as if we're on honeymoon again! If you are in a similar situation - don't despair, there's hope!

Usually I have been too busy to even think about Valentine's Day! But this time I haven't! There was no need to spend a fortune, and I've been looking forward to the day. I made John a card, I bought him a gift from the coffee morning and jumble sale, a ready-meal on special offer, a sell-by lemon drizzle cake, and we're planning to watch a DVD tonight. So for under a fiver, it's cheap and cheerful, and he need never know!

He has just asked me about the possibility of him cooking dinner tonight... Hey, things are looking up!

3 comments:

John Ager said...

*smiles* - I found you out! John.

jsi said...

Have a fabulous day! I had the kids design their Valentines for grandmas, aunts, uncles and to mail them turned out to be 45 envelopes!
Valentine's Day is so exciting with the kids, and my sweetie got me a dozen roses...very sweet indeed.

Kapten Clark said...

I loved this Google image and I'm so glad you saved it!

Thursday is my heavy corps program night: Songsters, Bible Study, women's ministries. But here in Estonia it is called "Friend Day" so that was very appropriate!