Monday 11 February 2008

Aboutbooks - Day and Hour Unknown!

While searching for something else, I stumbled upon the titles of two books by Ronald Weinland entitled The Prophesied End-Time and 2008 - God's Final Witness. The first book intrigued me when it said that 'it had been written so that people might have some advance warning of what is coming ... not written to cause panic or frighten anyone, but as a warning so that you can be better prepared to face these things when the happen'.

These books are free and I can see why. Who would want to buy them? I laughed a lot, but you could easily cry at the rubbish this man writes. He basically ends his book by saying that unless you observe the Passover you will never make it. What could have been interesting reading quickly disintegrated into the writings of a man with a chip on his shoulder, a man on a mission to bring his own church back into observing the Sabbath, etc, etc. He rubbishes Christmas, Easter, the Trinity, and lots more. He is right on one thing though, as he prophesied at the beginning of both books - I did not like them one bit!

It's much better to read Mark 13 where Jesus puts the end times into perpective, and tells us how to live now:
Jesus said to them: Watch out that no-one deceives you. Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many. Mark 13:5-6 NIV

1 comment:

jsi said...

Hi there!
I tagged you on my site, go ahead and add it to one of your future posts.
1. Pick up the nearest book, of at least 123 pages 2. Turn to page 123 3. Count down 5 sentences 4. Post the next three sentences 5. Tag 5 more people

I look forward to seeing your reading!