Friday 1 February 2008

The Pearl Of Greatest Price

My son Philip recently told me he was jealous of my simple and childlike faith. I'm currently going through my faith with a fine toothcomb to see exactly what he means. Maybe my simple and childlike faith is actually the Pearl of Greatest Price:

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it. Matthew 13:44-46 NIV

Interestingly, these verses have been my all-time favourite parables! Food for thought, eh?

2 comments:

Brian's Blog said...

YES!!!!!!

Blessings!!!

jsi said...

Hello Marta
A beautiful thought today! I will be following your postings and look forward to your thoughts and insights. Your husband has been a great help to me very early before sunrise or pancakes on this Saturday morning. Its amazing how much an internet connection can carry, like help and assistance provided from a distance.
Have a great day and keep blogging!