Wednesday 13 February 2008

Aboutbooks - Mountains and Molehills - Evening Primrose Oil and Starflower Oil...Why the blend?

The doctor gave me a choice. I either take low dose aspirin or evening primrose oil. I decided on the evening primrose oil as it is a natural remedy which is believed to be very good for women. Good for hair, nails, skin, and conditions affecting womens health - and now they are saying it is good for lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.

If you research starflower oil you will find that it is considered an even better oil. But what grabbed my attention at the health store was when the assistant told me that the combination of the two oils made the evening primrose more effective than when taken on its own.

I am talking about this because I can see a similarity with my relationship with God that's worth sharing. On my own I am OK, I get by, I manage - but combined with God I know I am something else, let's say much improved!

If you would like to read more about the difference that God can make in your life - read Mountains and Molehills by Molly Dow (the Bishop of Carlisle's wife). It's a good book for £3.99 and lots of questions are answered.

1 comment:

jsi said...

I've never heard about evening primrose oil - very interesting.