Sunday 22 June 2008

Places I have lived in the UK - Bradford

I liked living in Bradford although it was only for two years. I liked the look of terraced housing, the smell coming from the chimneys, the washing hanging across the streets, people standing outside their doors and the accent in particular. The people were blunt - to the point - but I liked that as then I knew where things stood. The curry bars were great (no knife or fork just chapatis). The Salvation Army in Great Horton was a very old building (now in Wibsey) but we had wonderful times of worship and fellowship and very good attendance. The damp, wet walls, rats, etc...did not put these people off their focus for mission.

Two Corps were amalgamated at that time to form the new Bradford Citadel.

They are now going from strentgh to strentgh as they say and it is not surprising!

No comments: