Sunday 11 May 2008

Special Dates in Christian Calendar - Pentecost

A Miracle! Yes, A Miracle!
God's Holy Spirit Came
And We Are Not The Same
For He Touched Us
And filled Us With His Love
(Iva Lou Samples)

The writer of this chorus joined The Salvation Army at the age of six. Much later, Iva (born 12 May 1946) became an officer - a full time minister - and wrote her first songs in the style of the 'Joy Strings'

The verses go like this...
I've felt a new and loving touch
Upon my heart and soul;
I've felt God's love and wondrous power
Descend and make me whole.

I now have seen his greatness,
I now can comprehend
The wonders of his matchless love,
A love that will not end.

I can't express by words alone
What he now means to me;
But O I want to shout to all
That Christ gives victory!

Through my research I noted that Iva whose song I am quoting this Pentecost, was born at this time of the year, and she tells us neatly what this special day is about. I like the words and catchy tune but would rather not shout to all! I can see what she means though!

No comments: